Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quito Love List!!

Long overdue my love list of Quiteño items thus far in my adventure here....First off, I love my "Quito family" that consists of Lupita, María, Elsa, Judith, Marco, José, Pablo, Yessenia, Elena, Darío, Felix and Mingo! I love my doggy, Mingo, that I have now started walking/running a few times a week. I love being surrounded by mountains, and weird unpredictable weather patterns. I love dancing to Banda y Cumbia, and listening to the endless love ballads. I also adore singing to these love ballads at karaoke! I love the returnable beer bottles, and Pilsener brand beer more than Club (even though both are Pilsener products).  I love cooking randomly, and that sliced chicken is called "jamón de pollo".  I love empanadas y morocho, my favorite and most unhealthy food here. I  love when I have a conversation and understand everything that is said. I love all of the beautiful parks in the city, and can't wait for a day off to go run around in all the parks! I love living in the tranquil ghetto of the city, in what I consider one of the best areas of town. I love the crazy bus system and that sometimes things just simply don't make much sense down here. I love reading books in Spanish and learning about the history of Quito and Ecuador. I love being included in a group down here, and having people to share my time with. I love keeping in touch with my family and friends back home, and that technology makes the distance so much more feasible...I hardly feel like I left! I truly love my time here and hope I'm not being missed in my abscensce too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment