Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilotoa Hike

Hiking 7.5miles around Quilotoa lake/volcano. This is located about 4 hours south of Quito.

I went on the hike with Alana, current Medical Brigade Coordinator for the Timmy Foundation, and a group of "montaƱeros" or people interested in mountaineering, called Zona Verde.

Just a beautiful photo

This photo was taken upon arriving at the top of the highest point during the hike, and after finishing the hardest part of the hike, go Team America, we were the first people up!

This was not a friendly hike like I had been on before with pretty switchbacks, wide paths, and steps cut into the path to make it easier...this was a legit just worn down path, that was very steep and rugged!
Quilotoa was the hardest hike I have ever done in my life! It took us 4.5 hours to walk around the 7.5 mile loop, and then we also hiked down to the lake and back up (25 min down, 50 min back up), which was sooooo hard because our legs were so sore already! I likened it to how I felt after running the marathon, that is how sore I was! I also am out of shape right now, so that certainly didn't help. I desperately need to start working out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment