Thursday, October 28, 2010

No parasites,

just cuts on my finger from trying to open glass ampules all day!!!  ALL of our meds in the ER are in glass ampules...thus I have three new gashes on my right hand, because I'm retarded. I had no problem opening them the other days I worked, but today it was as though I had Incredible Hulk hands and just crushed the tops of the ampules every time.

We had a lady come in our ER today who was satting 49-51% on room air, her fingers and nose were purple, and I took one look at her and told the tech (who's also only been working since monday)  "this lady needs some oxygen and RT orita"... We actually do have oxygen on the wall! She was looking much better and satting 91-92 within a few minutes. I learned that we wash and reuse masks and the little part that holds the Atrovent treatments.

One of the doctors, Doctora Lucano, literally looks like Jenny Boget and I can't help but think of Jenny every time I work with her!! There's also an EMT who looks just like Diana Marquez...

We call our saline locks "DISH"s, but I have no idea what DISH stands for.  and today I did an EKG for the first time... it's the old school kind where we clean off the ankles and wrists with alcohol and put clips on them for limb leads, the other leads are metal and they have suction bulbs on top..so when we take them off the patients there are 6 purple circles where the leads were suctioned to the patient, like EKG hickies.

Next week I start working in rotation; one morning shift (0730-1330), one afternoon (1330-1930), and one night shift (1930-0730).  I'm hoping to ask to only work nights, but I don't know if they will allow me to do that. That would be ideal though.

Hopefully tomorrow I won't add any more gashes to my fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment