Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby Bump Update

Picture at 18 weeks pregnant
So, here is baby and I at 18 weeks pregnant!  Sucking in my belly is no longer an option, and I am starting to think I need to start eating healthier again : ) I've let myself eat more sugar than normal the last couple of weeks, and haven't necessarily been choosing the best options for every meal...three hundred extra calories isn't much leeway to be letting myself eat whatever I want!

I will probably not be able to wear the shirt in this picture in another month, without the bottom of my tummy sticking out. But we will see! I am going to start taking a picture each week to see how I grow.

I now am feeling movements frequently, this baby likes to move! Which makes me happy, because it gives me relief to know that baby is in there doing just fine.  I get my ultrasound this Friday, which is so exciting to finally see baby!  I won't be finding out the gender until Super Bowl Sunday, however, because I want to wait until my family and I are all together. It would be very unexciting to have the ultrasound technician tell me "boy" or "girl", so instead, I will be having a cake made with either blue or pink in the middle, and cutting it on Super Bowl Sunday, revealing it to both me and the family!

I continue to have the weirdest dreams, all mostly related to boy-type or violent things, so I still think it might be a boy.  Either way, I'm just excited to know! That way I can start really looking at baby things (which I find myself doing anyway...every time I'm at a store, I always wander down the baby aisles...just to look!)

No comments:

Post a Comment