Saturday, January 28, 2012

Life's not always peachy

Sometimes, I am overwhelmed by everything.  By the situation of being pregnant, being far away from the father of the baby, wracked with doubts about the decisions that I am making and have made, stress of a new job, etc; I become overwhelmed with emotions - as well as with feeling numb.  There are breaks in the numbness where I feel pain, deeply. In these moments I think about many things. I think about other peoples lives, all over the globe. I think about other people's pain and suffering.  I think about my own pain and suffering, which is mostly self-inflicted and accrued from shame.  In my lowest, saddest moments, I like to play the song by Matt Maher "You were on the Cross".  It is also a sad song, but ultimately it speaks the truth that God is with us during all of these moments, all of the lowest of the low moments that we have in our lives.  He was on the cross, dieing for us, feeling all the pain and suffering that sin creates in our world - and He did that for us.  He took all of that on His own pure shoulders - all of the pain that we feel, all of the suffering we feel, He too has felt it - He too, was there with us. He too, is here with me in my moments of sadness. Below are the full lyrics of the song.

Matt Maher - You were on the cross

Lost, everything is lost
And everything I've loved before is gone
Alone like the coming of the frost
And a cold winter's chill in my stony heart

And where were You when all that I've hoped for,
Where were You when all that I've dreamed,
Came crashing down in shambles around me?
You were on the cross

Pain, could you take away the pain?
If I find someone to blame, would it make my life seem easier?
Alone, all my friends are asleep
And I can't find anyone to stay awake with me

Where were You when sin stole my innocence?
Where were You when I was ashamed?
Hiding in a life, I wish, I never made

You were on the cross, my God, my God, alone, alone
You were on the cross, You died for us, alone, alone
You were on the cross, victorious, alone, alone

You were there in all of my suffering
And You were there in doubt and in fear
I'm waiting on the dawn to reappear

1 comment:

  1. watch this, it might make you feel a little better :) :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o

    ReplyDelete