Friday, November 4, 2011

Strong Enough

God typically only allows things that He thinks we will be strong enough to handle; or that, when we are made to see how weak we truly are, that we rejoice in the Lord and ask Him for his divine help.  My sister said to me, "Em, you must be pretty strong if God thinks you can handle this".  I know I am not strong enough myself; but I trust that God will see me through the future trials.  If I take each day just one at a time, I feel much more at peace. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JsRxVczmQ

"Whatever did not fit in with my plan did lie within the plan of God. I have an ever deeper and firmer belief that nothing is merely an accident when seen in the light of God, that my whole life down to the smallest details has been marked out for me in the plan of Divine Providence and has a completely coherent meaning in God's all seeing eyes. And so I am beginning to rejoice in the light of glory wherein this meaning will be unveiled to me."

A friend of mine told me something. She said, "Em, I know this isn't what you had planned for your life, but you're an adventurer, and this is your next journey." This isn't at all what I had planned.  But perhaps the things that we plan so perfectly keep us from relying and trusting fully in God.  Perhaps when everything goes perfectly, we start to feel invincible, we start to feel so blessed that we forget whose grace is blessing us.

This wasn't in my plan...but now it is. And I will ask God for courage, patience, understanding and faith every day.  I, at this point, have to throw my hands up, and just trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment